The Faculty of Social Studies and Humanities take its origin from The Faculty of Psychology, which was the first to educate psychologists in the south of Ukraine. Currently, the Faculty also includes The Subfaculty of History and Philosophy. The Faculty of Social Studies and Humanities successfully achieves the educational, research, cultural and educational tasks of higher education of Ukraine.
The main departments of the Faculty of Social Studies and Humanities are:
– The Department of Theory and Methods of Practical Psychology;
– The Department of Developmental Psychology and Social Communications;
– The Department of General and Differential Psychology;
– The Department of Political Sciences and Law;
– The Department of Educational Institution Administration and Civil Service;
– The Department of Philosophy, Social Studies and Management of Sociocultural Activity;
– The Department of History of Ukraine;
– The Department of World History and Methodology of Science.
There are 15 Doctors of Sciences and professors as well as 65 Candidates of Sciences and associate professors working at the Faculty. The scholar schools established by academician O. Ya. Chebykin, professors O. P. Sannikova, S. M. Symonenko, L. K. Velytchenko, Yu. B. Maksymenko, S. M. Naumkina are well-known in Ukraine and abroad.
The students of the Faculty of Social Studies and Humanities obtain education in the following fields of study:
• Psychology, additional specialization – Psychological Support of Business;
• Psychology, additional specialization – Psychology of Crisis States and Emotional Experiences;
• Psychology, additional specialization – Child Psychology;
• Psychology, additional specialization – Legal Psychology;
• Psychology, additional specialization – Family Psychology;
• Journalism, additional specialization – Advertising and Public Relations;
• Political Science, additional specializations – International Relations;
• Political Science, additional specializations – Conflictology;
• Political Science, additional specializations – Anti-corruption consulting;
• Political Science, additional specializations – Political Management;
• Law, additional specializations – Juvenile Justice;
• Law, additional specializations – Legal Psychology;
• Law, additional specializations – Education Law;
• Secondary Education (History);
• Museum Studies, Study of Monuments;
• Management of Sociocultural Activity;
• Science of Culture;
• Social Studies;
• Management (Public Administration in Education).
• Management, additional specializations – Management of Preschool Establishment;
• Secondary Education (History).
Education at the Faculty of Social Studies and Humanities are carried out on both full-time and part-time basis. The Faculty offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate training programs.
The postgraduate education is conducted in the following fields of study:
• Philosophy (Humanities);
• Management of Sociocultural Activity (Culture and Arts);
• Science of Culture (Culture and Arts);
• Political Science (Social and Behavioral Sciences);
• Psychology (Social and Behavioral Sciences).
Teaching staff of the Faculty prepare qualified psychologists, who are able to apply modern procedures of scientific cognition, put their knowledge into practice in the process of training and education at educational institutions or provide psychological support for employees working for state institutions, non-governmental organizations, enterprises; advertising agents as public relations specialists; education managers; competitive lawyers, political experts, political technologists, etc.
The scholars of the Faculty study psychological and pedagogical problems of personality development, training and education of a personality, public administration in education and science, social and political development of Ukraine in the context of global processes, the history of Black Sea region; work on creating philosophical and sociological model of Ukraine’s cultural heritage, etc. The academic journals “Science and Education”, “Scientific Cognition: Procedure and Technology”, “Politicus” and others are published on a regular basis.
During the study, students and postgraduate students have the opportunity to learn the techniques of self-education and self-development, to take training courses of communication, personal and professional growth, self-confidence.
Students of the Faculty have a chance to participate in interesting cultural events, learn English, Turkish, Chinese and Hebrew; as well as to gain knowledge in some disciplines in domestic and foreign universities according to academic mobility programs.
The Faculty lecturers maintain close ties with research and educational institutions of Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Slovakia, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Germany; carry out research as part of international projects, grant projects of research foundations; organize, hold and participate in domestic and international conferences, seminars, exhibitions, presentations, etc.