South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K.D. Ushynsky provides undergraduate and postgraduate medical education courses in English / Russian / Ukrainian medium of instruction. The Faculty of Medicine offers students proficient training with its highly professional teaching staff, advanced educational programs, and support of highly qualified scholars and medical practitioners.
Field of study – General Medicine
Degree – MBBS/MD (General Practitioner)
Duration – 6 years
Undergraduate course is a course of General Medicine, which takes 6 years. After graduation, students get MBBS/MD degree. The course provides training of General Practitioners.
The program of the course consists of the fundamental disciplines and special medical subjects. During the 1st and 2nd academic years students study basic medical, social disciplines, and humanities. Among the subjects of preclinical sciences the main ones are: anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, genetics, pharmacology, pathology and medical microbiology. The study of clinical disciplines starts from the 3rd course. The list of the main clinical subjects includes internal medicine, pediatrics, general surgery, psychiatry, obstetrics and gynecology.
From the 2nd academic year students master their skills during the practical training in the best medical facilities and healthcare centers of Odesa. Among them:
– City Clinical Hospital №1
– City Clinical Hospital №2
– City Clinical Hospital №3
– City Clinical Hospital №9 named after A.I. Minakov
– City Clinical Hospital №11
– Municipal Hospital №5
– Municipal Hospital №7
– Municipal Hospital №8
– City Infectious Diseases Hospital
– City Children’s Hospital №2
– City Children’s Hospital №3
– Medical Center “ON Clinic Odessa”
– Odessa Regional Clinical Hospital
LICENSED INTEGRATED EXAMINATION
State certification of graduates includes standardized test and practically oriented state exams. State standardized test is licensed integrated examination, which consists of two exams: KROK-1 and KROK-2.
KROK-1 – licensed integrated examination, performed after the 3rd academic year to establish and measure students’ knowledge. KROK-1 is an examination on general scientific disciplines, which is passed after studying basic fundamental disciplines.
“KROK-1. General medical training” includes test tasks on 9 disciplines of 1-3 courses:
• Human anatomy
• Biological Chemistry
• Histology, Cytology and Embryology
• Microbiology, Virology and Immunology
KROK-2 – licensed integrated examination, passed at the end of the 5th year of study, for professional-oriented disciplines, which corresponds to the training program for professionals in the medical field.
“KROK-2. General medical training” includes:
• Therapeutic profile tasks (Therapy, Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology, Endocrinology, Occupational Diseases, Phthisiatry, Radiology and Radiation Medicine, Psychiatry, Dermatology, Neurology, Clinical Immunology, Clinical Pharmacology),
• Surgical profile tasks (general surgery, oncology, urology, anesthesiology and critical care medicine, orthopedics and traumatology, otolaryngology, ophthalmology, neurosurgery, pediatric surgery, forensic medicine),
• Pediatric profile tasks (pediatrics, childhood infections, neonatology),
• Hygiene profile tasks (hygiene, health care organization),
• Obstetrics and gynecology profile tasks.